I want to make this an ongoing long term thread of tips, ideas, tools and resources for our A/SH crew so we have some good stuff on hand. If you have a blog post to link to for everyone, or a name-generator tool, or anything handy like that - add em in!
I'll start the list off with:
* http://vaxia.org/wiki/statistics-and-you - Because accidentally making a critical task impossible isn't fun for anyone.
Some of my favorite Behind the Scene Illuminerdity blogposts:
* http://www.theilluminerdy.com/2014/05/23/behind-the-screen-beyond-brawling/ - What to do when you don't want to just do combat.
* http://www.theilluminerdy.com/2014/04/11/behind-the-screen-culture-in-yo... - Cultures in game design. (Aka how not to be accidentally offensive.)
* http://www.theilluminerdy.com/2014/01/10/behind-the-screen-rejecting-you... - Realism in world design.
Random name generators:
* http://www.behindthename.com/random - Randomly name NPCs! By flavor / context.
* http://www.rangen.co.uk/chars/quickchargen.php - Quick character concept generation.
* http://www.rangen.co.uk/chars/chargens.php - Character personality and aspect generators.
* http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-char.php - Bunch of different generators.